I am one step closer to being a "Real" Alaskan. I have spent the last two days in the woods....filling the back of the truck with wood. While I have not yet conquered (or even attempted) running the chain saw I can now run a 4 wheeler! I even got it above 2nd gear! I can go forwards and backwards and haul wood behind the machine! I learned how to stack and have even started to master the "toss". For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, the toss is when you launch a piece of wood from the back of the truck towards the wood pile, just to have it miraculously land perfectly in place. While my logs are little, Frank has displayed is prowess in this arena by picking up and gently "tossing" the logs from the base of HUGE trees with out breaking a sweat.
The kids have done great being in the woods, especially since we haven't dropped a tree on them yet!

YES THIS IS ME!!!!!!!!!! I RODE THE THING THE WHOLE WAY HOME!!!!! And as I am on the steep incline I was silently cursing the newspaper article that I had just read about some guy dying when his machine flipped on him.... but I am here to type the tale so I guess it is all good!
No comments:
Post a Comment